Surmodics’ superior lubricious hydrophilic coatings are designed to deliver the attributes you need to achieve your desired results.
Friction reduction—Low-friction coatings from Surmodics show reductions in surface friction by greater than 90% on a variety of commonly used medical grade polymers and other substrates.
Lower particulates—Serene™ coatings maintain lubricity and durability while significantly reducing particulates.
- Substrates coated—PhotoLink® technology can be applied to nearly all polymers with or without additives such as tungsten, barium sulfate, titanium dioxide, and colorants. Metals and ceramics also can be coated after simple pre-treatment.
- Coating thickness—PhotoLink low-friction coatings are often less than 1 micron.
- Biocompatibility—PhotoLink coating reagents have undergone comprehensive biocompatibility testing.
- Sterilization—Medical devices treated with PhotoLink coating can be sterilized using conventional processes. Sterilization methods tested include ethylene oxide, gamma, and e-beam.
- No harsh solvents—Lubricious coatings from Surmodics are formulated with water and alcohol.
When selecting a coating technology for your medical device, consider these key questions:
- Is the coating compatible with the sterilization method for the device?
Is the coating compatible with the shelf life of your product?
Will your coating company help you validate their coating on your product?
- Can your coating company provide a chemical and surface characterization of your custom coating?